Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Proposal & other beginning of April Happenings

Greetings


She said yes.  I enjoyed sitting out on the deck a few minutes for the 1st time this year, sipping my morning coffee & soaking up some sun on my back before finishing my morning routine & heading to work.  


Daughter got engaged.  It was supposed to happen at the home opening 
game of the season, but since the season was postpone due to Covid-19,
there was scavenger hunting, decoding messages & trivia.  The proposal
caught her off guard when she was least expecting it, just as planned.


Grandkids

The penny project I sent the Grands will take a while to complete if the Grands stay interested long enough.  It's also a coin collecting project.  Four different time periods of pennies are needed to form a picture.  I thought the picture would be made using patterns of heads or tails of any penny, so now I'll be helping the Grands collect the 846 pennies that are needed for the project.  

These Grands thought it was funny that they each 
dressed in the same color top & bottom without planning it.


Cooking

I made fish cakes for supper using leftover fish.  I used a variation of Frugal Girl's recipe.  That was our last bag of fish in the freezer, so it's time to go fishing.

Kevin cooked pork chops on the grill.  There was enough meat
leftover to have with eggs for breakfast.
My fish cakes frying.  There was leftover tator that went into the cakes as well.  
I made carrot fries to go with the cakes.  We also had pork n beans, leftover 
mac & cheese & cornbread.  We got 4 meals out of 3 large fish.



Gardening

Work started in the garden.  I'm glad we got our seeds in January.  I've been hearing stories & reading that some are not able to get seeds due to being sold out or other places not selling, saying seeds are not essential items.  Our planting will start end of May & 1st of June.

Kevin opened up the rows with a rake to prepare for the manure fertilizer.

Cleaning

I did laundry, changed the sheets on the bed & the usual stuff.  I've not been in the mood for cleaning projects much, due to the extra cleaning & sanitizing I've been doing at work.  No Covid-19 cases reported in our county yet. 


I sent the Grands Easter goodies.  I wrote each one a letter & mailed
the items in a medium size priority flat rate box.  Daughter got a birthday
card with her age in $$.  Since she is trying to convince everyone that she 
is forever 29, I shouldn't have to increase her $$ each year.  



Health & Weight Maintenance

I'm still working to get my portion sizes down.  Being hungry & comfort eating is my problem right now, also eating the popcorn I got for Lions bingo since bingo is canceled for the next several months.
Kevin discovered our 1st crocus sighting of spring while we were out during 
our weekend 4-wheeler ride, hike & picnic.  My shadow is pointing at the 
flower.  It was about that same visible when we noticed them.  There was still
snow in spots.  None of the flowers we saw were open due to the cool windy 
conditions.



Frugality, Saving & Spending

We probably won't be getting any farm fresh eggs again for a while.  It was said that some are selling those for $7 & $8 a dozen.  Our egg provider sold out before getting to our drop off place.  Seems there is an egg shortage & eggs are being limited in the grocery store the same as toilet paper.  I got a chocolate cake recipe from the Prudent Homemaker that doesn't use eggs.  I'm going to try the recipe for making Kevin a birthday cake since I already have the ingredients on hand.

I saw lots of animals while driving to work; these antelope grazing, 
mule deer laying on a hillside soaking up the sun, flocks of geese 
flying north, sharp tailed grouse walking in the road.  It's calving 
season, so I saw some baby cows chasing after each other.  I know 
it's calves, baby cows sounds cuter because they are so cute.



Social & Community Service Activities

Our Lions Club meeting was canceled.  I did my part to social distance the best I could.  My work put up sneeze/cough barriers made out of clear shower curtains to help protect us employees & the customers as well. 


I facetimed with Moma also Daughter & the Grands.
This daffodil was blooming in Moma's garden, so pretty. 


Other Activities

I finished the puzzle I was working on & moved the patio table back out on the deck.  I finished reading the book I was reading & started the 6th book in the Little House series The Long Winter.

I worked 4 puzzles this winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment