Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spring Cleaning & other mid March Happenings

Greetings

I've been seeing geese flying north, so I know spring is coming close behind them.  I got caught up on reading the mail after I had been away visiting the Grands for a couple weeks.  One thing I've been missing while I was away is cuddling with the Grands while having my morning coffee.
Missing this cuddle time.


Grandkids

The Grands are doing their school work at home since their school is closed for a time due to the Coronavirus social distancing that was put into affect across the nation.
Home schooling.



Cooking

I cooked a deer neck roast in the crockpot.  The meat turned out tender & tasty.  I oven roasted squash, had leftover fried okra & cooked some rice to go with the roast.  The squash & okra was put up from out of our garden.  We had leftovers for several days.  I made brown gravy for the leftovers.
I put steak sauce on my meat.  Kevin put BBQ sauce on his meat.



Gardening

Kevin & I were poking around in the garden & noticed that the cat-nip is putting out.
See the little leaves popping out of the ground?


Cleaning

I did some spring cleaning of washing all the bed covers & pillows on our bed.  I changed out the decorative pillows on the couches.  I have 2 different sets of pillows & change them in spring & fall.  I washed the shower curtain.  I ran the bathtub full of water & put Clorox in the water.  I let the water & Clorox set for several hours to whiten the tub.
I picked up trash around the edges of our property & 
found these treasures.



Health & Weight Maintenance

I got back into my morning inside the house walking & stretching routine.  I made extra trips up & down the stairs while cleaning & so forth.  I walked extra during lunch & breaks.  I've been eating too much at meals & need to be more mindful to cut down on portion sizes. 
Walking out in the trees.  The sky was so pretty & blue.

Frugality, Savings & Spending

I spent $36.59 at the grocery store.  I started stocking up on kid friendly food items that are on sale in anticipation for the Grands summer visits.  I got items such as pop tarts & juice.  We keep stocked up on our everyday use items throughout the year, so we didn't have to go out & get toilet paper, hand soap & items like that.

I made an online order from Walmart for snack items to be sent to the Grands for them to have while they are out of school unexpectedly for the next several weeks. 
One of the Grands is selling Moon Pies for a school
fundraiser.  I sent him $9 to help with the cause & bought
each person in his household a pie.  


Social & Community Service Activities

Our Lions Club meeting & bingo was canceled due to several having the flu & the social distancing thing. We didn't go to the fire department's pancake supper fundraiser either.  We did go out to eat for burgers & fries at a local restaurant one evening for supper to support the local economy.  When we left the restaurant, there was not any other customers at that time.



Other Activities

I worked on the puzzle I've been working on.  I plan to get the puzzle done before putting the patio table back outside on the deck.  I continued reading the book By the Shores of Silver Lake.  I searched for words in my giant word search book.  I read blogs & organized pictures on the computer.  I have got behind with my picture organization & need to get back at that.  I watched episodes of Roseanne, Grace Under Fire & Cybill on Vudu free TV.  I watched episodes of Medicine Women on DVD.

Kevin & I got to do our weekend exploring adventure of 4-wheeler riding, hiking & having a picnic.  We explored a new to us area.  
I like to take shadow pictures, I don't know why,  I just do.
No one here to have to stay away from.
I discovered the 1st wildflower of the year.  I've looked in my wildflower 
book for this one before but it's not pictured, so I don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment