Sunday, March 15, 2020

Travel & other beginning of March Happenings

Greetings

I traveled to visit the Grands & their parents too, of course.  Oh what an adventure I had.  The parents took a little get-away while I was there to stay with the kids.  The parents got free baby-sitting & I got lots of quality time with the Grands.  Win/Win!
3 plane rides to my daughters & 2 back home.
There was this little bird in one of the airports.  I gave it some crumbs of 
the chex mix I was eating & it ate.  I tried to get it to eat out of my hand 
but it wouldn't.  It did hang out on my arm rest with me for a time.  Someone 
had left a bottle cap full of water on the window sill for the little bird, 
though I never saw it drink.

Grandkids

Me with all the Grands.

The beautiful & handsome parents of the Grands
& my awesome hosts during my visit. 


Cooking

I did several cooking activities with the Grands in between our eating of popcorn. 
The oldest Grand made me his grilled cheese with an over 
easy egg that I had anxiously been waiting to try. 

We made mini pizzas using English muffins.  Each person put
on their own toppings.  This Grand liked to make us our popcorn.

My daughter made this delicious white chocolate raspberry swirl 
cheesecake with an oreo cookie crust for church homecoming.


These tacos on the grill was one of my favorites meals.


The girls wanted to help do the dishes. Doing the dishes at this age is so 
much fun.  I wish I still had this kind of enthusiasm to do the dishes.

We ate this for supper one night.  We were all so hungry
after the middle school Grand's track meet, not a crumb 
even for a little bird was left.


Gardening

A forsythia bush was starting to bloom at the corner of my
daughter's house while back home it was snowing.

The violets & dandelions blooming around in the yard were a
welcoming sight of spring for me.



Cleaning

While my daughter was at work, the Grands were at school & the toddler was napping, I helped do laundry & get everything folded.
The Grands put away their own clothes after school.


Health & Weight Maintenance

I ate too much several days & had to take tums at bedtime.
I went outside most everyday with the Grands.  They seemed to
get plenty of exercise, but me not so much.


Frugality, Saving & Spending

I took the older grandboys to the movies.  I paid for us all to get into the basketball game.  Entry fees & snacks were not cheap but well worth the time spent with family at these events.
My daughter got to take a couple of the flower arrangements
that were centerpieces on the tables at church homecoming.
The flowers lasted my entire visit & were pretty along with my 
daughter's other decorations.  We had a combined birthday party
for the 2 year old & a cookout to visit with some of our other 
family & friends.

We went thrift store shopping.  I found this mug that I thought 
was unique.  I didn't buy it.  For one reason, I didn't need it. 
For another reason, I thought I would break it transporting 
it back home. 


Social & Community Service Activities


I visited with the Grands other grandparents during
church homecoming.  Look at us so proud of our Grands.

I visited with a life-long friend.  We went out to eat & then went
flying all over the county with Kevin's uncle.

Other Activities


Went to head start.
Went to track meet.

Went to listen to the pep band.


Ate a lot of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment