Sunday, February 21, 2021

Walk with me

The temperature has warmed up good for taking a walk, though still too windy & cold to enjoy a Sunday afternoon ride in the side by side.  Rose & I took our longer Sunday morning walk out on the prairie through the backyard.  Later, I'm planning to help Kevin set up his leather working hobby area & cut his hair.  Supper plans are going to the chili cook-off & be taste testers.

Walking out into the prairie, we didn't
see the deer.


Still a little snow left on the backyard trail in
the shady spots.  My face got that cold numb
feeling walking into the wind.


Grouse flew up.  They eat these
olives/berries that are in the trees & on the ground.


Rose likes to take a rest on the bench at the firepit
as we walk by it.  I need a haircut too.


The community birdwatching bird feeder has been
up several weeks.  Lots of birds chirping & fly away
when we get near.

Wondering if the asparagus is coming up yet.  The stalks
from last year are still there. It's probably still
a smidge too cold.


"Whoever is in charge of feeding the dog needs to do it."
Ohhh....that would be me.



  Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. Fun post. I had a shiver on our walk, though. Pretty sure your cold is much colder than the cold I am used to here in El Paso. I need a haircut, too. Just hate that in between that comes right after a haircut when my hair is a little too short. But the stuff grows out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt warm after being so cold, other then the wind on exposed skin. The 3 of us ended up taking a longer walk later in the day. We saw grouse & deer.

      Delete
  2. Rosie looks like she had a good time, gosh I need a hair cut too! I wondered if you got snow and it looks like almost Spring there! We are getting snow now, hope it isn't a lot! Sure hope you got things all straightened out at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice spring feeling day after being so cold, other than the wind. The wind picked up later in the day. Things are going better at work. I keep reminding myself that the only thing I can control in certain situations is how I handle & deal with it.

      Delete