Friday, April 9, 2021

Walking for Wellness - Week 3

Hello there Adventurous Friends, this is where I'm keeping up with my eating & walking  activities in attempts to get my weight & cholesterol back down.  Eating less is what I'm working on 1st, eating what I normally eat, making better choices.  I will be eating cookies & I will not be eating beets.  You might have heard me say that before, the truth is the truth.  Last week I forgot about fruit a couple of the days, let's see how things went this week.

Here's my Plan:

  • Eat smaller portions, take smaller bites, chew more 
  • Eat varieties of all the foods I like & not deprive myself
  • Eat a variety of fruits & vegetables, at least 1 fruit & 1 green vegetable a day
  • Stop eating when full
  • Walk more
  • 1 small sweet a day, if any
  • Drink more water
  • No snacks after supper


* Sat

Breakfast/Fruit - small serving of cereal, Kevin's homemade applesauce

Snack - none

Lunch - other 1/2 of burger & fries leftovers from supper

Supper/Veggie - 1/2 of burger sized sausage pattie, instead of the whole thing, roasted veggies & salad

Sweet - none

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - several long dog walks

No snack after supper

I ate on these roasted veggetables for several days.
I used a variation of that recipe for brussels sprouts to
roast cauliflower, broccoli & brussel sprouts. I marinated
for a couple of hours instead of overnight.  I didn't have a
lemon so I used lemon juice.  These turned out a bit tangy
& got more tangy with each passing day of leftovers.



Brussel sprouts - Juice of 1 lemon, 1 Tbs olive oil, ⅛ tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp paprika & ⅛ tsp garlic salt. Cut brussels sprouts in half or quartered.  Put sprouts in seal bag & toss with mixture until well coated.  Refrigerate overnight. When ready to roast, preheat oven to 400, put sprouts on baking sheet & bake for 15-20 minutes.









* Sun

Breakfast/Fruit - open face meatloaf & egg sandwich, put the bread & cheese back, the egg yoke took their place, added applesauce.

Lunch/Sweet - Easter picnic cracker buffet, egg salad & other toppings, chocolate Easter rabbit shared with Kevin

Snack - rest of the chocolate rabbit

Supper - crackers with peanut butter & jelly, egg salad

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - lots of walking

Veggie - none, the egg salad had onion though not a serving

No snack after supper


Weekend walking in the hills.  Kevin was
up ahead looking for a cave & I'm back here
taking pictures of myself with these
awesome rocks.
* Mon

Breakfast/Fruit- single serving of oatmeal, applesauce 

Snack - none

Lunch/Veggies - leftovers small portion, roasted veggies

Supper/Veggies/Sweet - Lions club meeting pizza, had 1 slice instead of 2, salad, cookies, didn't have coke, saving it for Thursday pizza & walking.

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks

No snack after supper


* Tues

Breakfast/Fruit - single serving of oatmeal, applesauce

Lunch/Veggies - Leftover slice of pizza from Lions meeting along with a salad & leftover roasted veggies.

Supper/Veggies - Tv dinner lasagna with leftover roasted veggies

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - several mini dog walks

Snack/Sweet - made cake like brownies after supper, ate one instead of 3 or 4


* Wed

Breakfast/Fruit - single serving oatmeal, orange slices

Snack - none

Lunch/Veggies - mac & cheese, roasted veggies & salad

Supper/Sweet - pot pie, 2 eggs & brownie

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks

No snack after supper



* Thurs

Breakfast/Fruit - single serving of oatmeal & orange slices

Snack - none

Lunch/Veggies/Sweet - leftover mac & cheese with roasted veggies, brownie

Supper/Veggies/Sweet - pizza, leftover over roasted veggies, can of coke

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks, walking in the hills

No snack after supper, had 2 sweets, Kevin offered 1/2 of kit kat after supper for a 3rd sweet snack, no thanks, that's how sweets add up in a day for me

I was supposed to be looking
for sheds, but I was really
looking for these.



* Fri

Breakfast/Fruit - cereal & strawberries

Snack - none

Lunch/Veggie - leftover pizza, brussel sprouts & salad

Supper/Veggies- fish sandwiches & mac & cheese, I didn't have the bread & made mine a fish salad

Sweets - ate the last brownie after supper

Drink - one cup of morning coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks




Notes: Not a lot of walking during the week due to working long hours & being tired, controlled over eating & grabbing this & that comfort food after those long days, didn't eat 1/2 the brownies in one sitting after I made them, got in 2 good days of walking in the hills, lots of frozen meals ate this week, that's the reason we have them on hand, for long days of work, being too tired & not in the mood to cook, lots of pizza ate, 1 slice at a meal instead of 2, didn't get overstuffed, eating less saves on groceries & leftovers last longer.


6 comments:

  1. It's really easy to have sweet things and snacks add up if not diligent. Well done turning down the kit kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sweet snacks had been adding up daily like that for me, writing them down help me realize just how much. That's something I struggle with daily.

      Delete
  2. I try to log my food and exercise every day too. Two years ago I lost just under 50 lbs and while I gained a bit back last year (10 lbs! that I'm trying to drop back off) I have managed to stick with our new eating regimen long term. I am trying to not only use the #'s on the scale but the way my clothes fit and how I feel to keep me motivated (as those #'s just don't want to budge but I am able to keep wearing the same clothes). I definitely try to fill up on fruits and vegetables and lean proteins but it's curbing those sugary snacks that I really struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 6 years ago, I lost about 60 pounds taking it off slow. I started back my old bad habits of too many sweets & eating too much & little by little gained about 45 of those pounds back.

      Delete
  3. Yay you guys!! So hard not to succumb to snacking before bed at our house. Sometimes just a chocolate kiss or a Twizzler (licorice) will do.
    We are doing Weight Watchers again which means tracking what we are eating and the ways we are exercising. It does make us more accountable. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was up to Kevin, we would have snacks every night after supper. LOL! I like kisses but couldn't eat just one. I seem to do ok having a sweet as a desert eating it along with a meal & just saying after supper there is no more eating.

      Delete