Friday, April 23, 2021

Walking for Wellness - Week 5

Hello there Adventurous Friends, this is where I'm keeping up with my eating & walking  activities in attempts to get my weight & cholesterol back down.  I got in 2 good walks this week & drank more coke than planned.  I noticed my wedding band & shoes are looser, not what I was thinking about, though it's something noticeable.

Here's my Plan:

  • Eat smaller portions, take smaller bites, chew more 
  • Eat varieties of all the foods I like & not deprive myself
  • Eat a variety of fruits & vegetables, at least 1 fruit & 1 green vegetable a day
  • Stop eating when full
  • Walk more
  • 1 small sweet a day, if any
  • Drink more water
  • No snacks after supper

* Sat

Breakfast - 1/2 of a single serving sausage & gravy pot pie & an egg, gave one egg to Rose

Lunch - bbq pulled pork sandwich & single serving pack of pringles chips, ate late & hungry, ate the whole sandwich instead of just 1/2 of it, was at the point of being overfull

Supper - none, still satisfied from eating a late lunch

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Snack - popcorn, 2 dum dum suckers & 2 packs of fun size m&ms at bingo

Exercise - walk during break, dog walks

Didn't get in a veggie or fruit, that's how easy it is for me to not eat them


* Sun

Breakfast - sausage, egg & cheese sandwich, mine was no bread & no cheese, 1 piece of sausage, an egg & apple slices 

Lunch - Hardees chicken tenders & fries shared with Kevin, apple pie, coke

Supper - 1/2 whopper, fries & coke from Burger King

Drink - one cup of coffee, water, coke

Exercise - lots of walking & fishing

Too much coke while out.





* Mon 

Breakfast - sausage & egg biscuit

Lunch - other 1/2  of leftover whopper burger & trail mix

Supper - meat, veggies, fruit, bread, pickled okra, carrot cake & chocolate ice cream provided by fellow Lions club member, good eats, ate too much though didn't overstuff

Drink - one cup of coffee, water, coke with supper

Exercise - not much except for dog walking just long enough for Rose to do her business

Coke for supper was comfort drink after long busy day at work, seems if I have a lot of coke one day then the next day I crave it.

Soup from the garage, hit the
spot on a cold snowy day &
since I didn't have any breakfast.

* Tues

Breakfast - just coffee, still full from supper

Lunch - cup of soup - sausage, potatoes, kale

Snack -  1/2 pb&j sandwich

Supper - fish, sweet potatoes, blackeye peas & cornbread muffin, cookies

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - walk during work break & dog walks



* Weds

Breakfast - 1/2 single serving beef pot pie & an egg

Snack - other 1/2 of pot pie & an egg

Lunch - left over fish, sweet potatoes, blackeye peas & cornbread muffin, cookies

Supper - left over pull pork, sweet potatoes, black eye peas & cornbread muffin, apple sauce & trail mix

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks


* Thurs

Breakfast - crunchy raisin bran cereal

Lunch - chicken salad on crackers

Supper - pizza with added onions & green peppers, coke

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - walk in the hills



* Fri

Breakfast - crunchy raisin bran cereal

Lunch - leftover pizza & an egg

Supper - grilled sausage burgers with cheese, pork & beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, applesauce, made mine a salad, no bread, 1/2 the burger & a spoonful of ranch dressing, Kevin had coke & no coke for me.

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walk & during break in the office



2 comments:

  1. I bet your body was craving Coke after having had lots the previous day; my husband gave up Coke (well, all soda really but he mostly drank Coke) a few years ago when we began our weight loss journey together and he had severe withdrawal symptoms for months-- headaches, body/ headaches, fatigue. He began reading about soda and in particular coke withdrawals. That combination of sugar and caffeine is highly addictive to our bodies and brains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I do believe our bodies crave soda/coke after having it for a time. I seem to drink more when we're out. I take water but sometimes still end up getting a soda. If I drink it for several days then don't drink it for a few days, I sometimes get a headache. Sounds like your husband really had a rough time with it.

      Delete