Friday, May 7, 2021

Walking for Wellness - Week 7

Me walking out at the lake with
my shirt not gaping open.  I'm 
so happy about this, I'm making
this my profile picture.


 Hello there Adventurous Friends, this is where I'm keeping up with my eating & walking  activities in attempts to get my weight & cholesterol back down.  Ice cream, banana pudding, coke & southern style sweet tea were my weaknesses this week, though I was able to put my biggest size work pants way back in the closet to never be worn again, I hope, because they were too uncomfortable loose & baggy. Yay! 😍 

I had one bowl of ice cream instead of having a bowl with every meal.  I'll do the same with the banana pudding Kevin made.  I'll have one serving with supper instead of several servings throughout the day.  When/if I have coke or tea, I have 1 glass or can instead of having refills.










Here's my plan & lets see how I did this week.

  • Eat smaller portions, take smaller bites, chew more 
  • Eat varieties of all the foods I like & not deprive myself
  • Eat a variety of fruits & vegetables, at least 1 fruit & 1 green vegetable a day
  • Stop eating when full
  • Walk more
  • 1 small sweet a day, if any
  • Drink more water
  • No snacks after supper


* Sat

Breakfast - slice of pizza & an egg

Lunch - Nutella, peanut butter & banana on crackers

Supper - benefit fundraiser meal - pulled pork sandwich, baked beans, macaroni salad

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - dog walks, walking out at the lake

I put on a button up top to go to the benefit & didn't bust out of it like I did the last time I put it on, probably last fall.


* Sun

Brunch - 1/2 of a frisco breakfast sandwich from Hardees & several of Kevin's hash rounds since mine were not in the bag. 

Supper - 1/2 of a big mac & fries from McDonalds with a smaller coke, cookies

Drink - one cup of coffee, water, coke

Exercise - walking & fishing in the canyon, extra trips up & down the stairs folding & putting away laundry instead of carrying everything all at one time.

Didn't get a large coke & sip on it all day like I've done the past couple Sundays.  I did get a coke with supper but it was a smaller one.


My unique trash find was this
steering wheel cover.

* Mon

Breakfast - almond crunchy honey oat cereal topped with strawberries

Lunch - other 1/2 of big mac & fries along with a small salad

Supper - Lions club meeting at local restaurant - 1/2 hot hamburger meal & a coke - another can of coke was brought to me at the table & I said "no thanks".

Snack - ice cream

Drink - one cup of coffee, water, coke

Exercise - walk during work break, dog walks, Lions club activity doing road side trash pickup


We had never heard of a hot hamburger until
moved to the midwest - hamburger & mashed
tators with gravy on top.



* Tues

Breakfast - almond crunchy honey oat cereal & strawberries

Lunch - other 1/2 of the hot hamburger

Supper - spaghetti made with ground pork, asparagus - 1st harvest of the season from out of the garden & a salad

Snack - cookies & ice cream

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - walk during break, dog walks


* Wed

Breakfast - almond crunchy honey oat cereal & strawberries

Lunch - leftover spaghetti & asparagus

Supper - leftover spaghetti & asparagus, a small salad & sweet tea.  Kevin surprised me & made a pot of tea.  I had one glass with no refills.

Snack - cookies & ice cream  

Drink - one cup of coffee, water, tea

Exercise - walked to work, walked during work break, dog walks


* Thurs

Breakfast - almond crunchy honey oat cereal & strawberries

Lunch - leftover spaghetti & several bites of asparagus

Supper - pizza & coke

Snack - banana pudding, nilla wafers were on sale, Kevin got ingredients & made the banana pudding, another sweet surprise

Drink- one cup of coffee, water, coke

Exercise - walk during work break, walking out at the lake


* Fri

Breakfast - leftover slice of pizza with an egg on top

Lunch - last of the leftover spaghetti & grapes

Supper - fish, fries, salad, grapes, texas toast & banana pudding

Drink - one cup of coffee, water

Exercise - walk during work break




3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, banana pudding. And BREAD PUDDING!! I love it. But never get either one. Probably a good thing I don't. Bravo for putting those larger pants in the back of the closet. You are looking great. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for packing away your larger pants! That is always such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with snacking after dinner, but I can't go to bed hungry or I won't sleep well at all. I guess eating a bigger dinner later in the evening would help with that. Just hard to make the adjustment.

    ReplyDelete