Saturday, June 17, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

 

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia.  How you doing this 24th week of 2023?  My week started with a Grammy's themed dance recital & ended sitting by the fire roasting a cheddar dog & marshmallows.  In between, I worked more hours on the job than usual.  It was tuff not being used to working those few extra hours, but I did survive.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about a few other simple joys, come walk with me...

Waiting for the show to start.  This was my 1st ever
dance recital.  I really enjoyed the whole experience.


I got to go backstage to get a
peek at how the dancers get
ready for their performance.
    
I got my picture taken on the red
carpet with my 2 favorite dancers.
Kevin told me I looked like I was
going to the Kentucky Derby
 instead of the Grammy's.


4 dozen quail eggs set. 
*  Kevin sold the big ol camper & got it moved out of the way.  He finished the chicken fence & ordered an incubator. 

The chickens are growing.
 

Happy Birthday to Grand Gracie.


*  Nana Grandjoy Camp Run-A-Muk - Grand spent the night then we celebrated her birthday with a "Taco Twosday" party hosted by her parents.  Tacos were the main course along with a birthday cake that looked like a taco. 

Strawberries taste the best when
 ate directly from the garden.

Bubbles, bubbles!
We love bubbles.







One of her favorite things to do
was to walk across the bridge & 
along the creek to see the water.
  





  









*  I took a brief short walk before work one morning to look at the wildflowers behind the house.  





I discovered some different chips for
us to try with our hotdog.  If you're
 a Funyun fan, you might like these.




These are some of the things going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?







5 comments:

  1. Pretty wildflowers behind your house. Gracie looks adorable with her taco birthday cake and in the blowing bubbles photo. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like life is full of beautiful abundance in your neck of the woods! Add in a few freshly picked strawberries and I'd say your week was just about perfect :-) Hope your weekend is rounding out equally so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mrs. Potato Head with your coffee cup. It made me smile.
    Dance recitals can be so fun. The little children are so sweet in their costumes dancing their routines and the older children are so serious and dedicated. Fun. Thanks for the virtual coffee, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun for you to attend the Grands activities! That hat is the bomb! Strawberries are the best right out of the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this post. I hope you'll share pics of the baby quail when they hatch. We currently have 2 families of Gambel's quail living in our yard, and they're so dang cute!

    I tried the Funyons flavored potato chips while we were road tripping through eastern Michigan. They're good--but actual Funyons are better.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete