Saturday, December 23, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share
 Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 51th week of 2023? I participated in a Secret Santa Sister group, I got coffee & pretzels for a Christmas present. Daughter's family came over for Christmas. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you more about our Christmas event, come walk with me...

*  Me & Kevin hosted a Christmas hotdog roast dinner party for Daughter's family.  There was also bear ribs & antelope. The youngest Grands changed into adorable comfortable looking matching pajamas. While putting the finishing touches on the food, the kids hunted for candy canes & watched bits & pieces of Kevin's favorite Christmas movie, The Christmas Story. The one about the bb gun. There was a snow shoveling competition & the Grands told their knowledge of the birth of Jesus. The main event, of course, was opening Christmas presents.

The finder of lots of candy canes.
Daughter ready to try some bear meat.
  
Putting the finishing touches
on the bear ribs.


Snow shoveling competition. 

I got new pictures of the Grands
for my frames.
Kevin got 22 shells.


We got a new picnic basket.

 
Christmas Lily Elf says
"Merry Christmas to all, 
see you again next year."

Opening presents.

Girlfriend & Grand

Girlfriend & Grand


  
These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I love the image of the snow shovelling challenge. It looks like a fun and amusing game. I might borrow the idea when my Christmas company arrives.

    I have a confession. I haven't seen The Christmas Story. My husband claims it's his favourite Christmas movie but we never carve out the time to watch it together. I know the premise of the movie. I should probably watch it over the holidays.

    Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great Christmas movie! Looks like you had a fun Christmas gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun Christmas with family and everyone got nice presents. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete