Sunday, December 3, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 48th week of 2023? I had a 2nd cup of coffee & stayed in my comfy snowflake flannel pajamas all day. Kevin went squirrel hunting. He got us caught up on washing the dishes. We don't have a dishwasher, so all our dishes are done by hand.  No joking, our dishes had not been done for at least 3 days due to having Thanksgiving leftovers with no pots & pans to have to cleanup. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you more about my pajama day & I've got a few Christmas gift ideas if you're a gifter & need an extra idea or 2, come walk with me...









*  This is what my pajama day looked like: 

- a sinus headache
- put away all the clean dishes
- 2 loads of laundry done
- took the trash out
- listened to Christmas music while wrapping the rest of my Christmas gifts on hand, "oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas this year" " glory to the newborn king".
- watched a couple of Christmas movies, Best. Christmas. Ever. & loveactually.
- early shower & bedtime

Digital picture frame








*  3 of my top Gift Giving Ideas for 2023:

1. Digital picture frame - I got a digital picture frame several Christmases ago.  The frames have been one of my favorite all time gifts to receive. The frame blends in with all my seasonal decorations & it also serves as a little night light in the living room.  It has features to run only at certain times, but I have mine going all the time.  Mine currently has over 400 pictures that rotate randomly on the frame. It's a great gift idea for the picture taking hobbyist.

2. Food - A food that one doesn't usually get themself at their grocery store every week such as a specialty trial mix, flavored pretzels, chocolate covered cherries, roasted peanuts in the shell or flavored coffees.  Kevin likes fruit cake, so guess what he gets for Christmas.

3. Hand soap - Everyone washes their hands more often than ever before these days, since you know, Covid.  How about fresh rain scent or frozen lake?  My favorite scents are fruity smells. How about strawberry snowflakes or candy apple.


I decorated up the planter that's
besides the steps. 


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
Christmas Lily Elf says "Yay,
it's Christmas ugly sweater
wearing season!"

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better and no more sinus headache. Great gift giving ideas for the holidays. I've done #2 idea before. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you are feeling better. Enjoy the Christmas season with your family. 🎄❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a dishwasher either, here or at home. We like doing dishes. Hope you are feeling better, a PJ day is always good!

    ReplyDelete