Saturday, February 3, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share
Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 5th week of 2024? It's 36 degrees out this early Saturday morning. We've got our camping stuff packed & ready to go. Kevin had some time off work this week due to the plenty of amounts of rain we got. He worked some more in the workshop putting up the ceiling. He ordered a blackberry bush & a couple grape vines to replace the ones that didn't make it last year. I visited with Moma & Sister this week. Sister made her delicious hashbrown casserole to go with coffee as we sat together & made some plans for Daughter's upcoming baby shower. Daughter requested a lady's floral theme. It's going to be a surprise what we came up with. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about my 1st time cooking with an air fryer, walk with me...

I thought the chicken was a little dry &
needed spices of some sort.




*  Moma got us an air fryer for Christmas. I had seen oldest Grand use an air fryer so, I talked with him & Fiancée about cooking chicken in the air fryer.  Their advice was to be careful & make sure the chicken got done on the inside. 

Peach cobbler in the makings to go 
with the chicken, beans & rice for supper.

*  I was glad to hear on the radio on my way to work that the groundhog didn't see it's shadow & we'll have an early spring. Yay! I've heard rumors that daffodils are starting to pop up.  


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?

7 comments:

  1. Peach cobbler sounds like a lovely after-dinner treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eggs have such nice colours. I look forward to an early spring, too. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo with the eggs and coffee is so lovely.

    Daffodils peeking out already?? Can spring be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using my air fryer but it is definitely learning curse for me. But once I got the hang of it, it's becoming my hardest working appliance. I even use it to toast bread or bagels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post this week. I have an air fryer. I need to. use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a different style of air fryer; ours has 3 trays and I do find that I use it quite frequently now that I've finally gotten the hang of it. I like to use our to "roast" our green beans and asparagus.

    ReplyDelete