Sunday, November 26, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 47th week of 2023?  I made a thermos full of hot chocolate then we headed to the woods for a picnic & to pick up pinecones to use for decorations.  Moma & Sister hosted Thanksgiving. I was thankful for family get together time & the bounty of food with lots of leftovers for lunches. Our neighbor down the road turned on their well-known Christmas lights display. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you the final item I marked off my Fall Bucket List, come walk with me...

Look at those perfect pinecones
to decorate with, how many
do you see? 

My edges used to overcook till
I discovered the method of wrapping
aluminon foil around the edge.
*  The final item I marked off my Fall Bucket List was.... 15. Make a pumpkin pie. I made 2 pies using pumpkin puree from a pumpkin Kevin had got at the produce stand. One of the pies went to Moma's Thanksgiving dinner, the other one went in the freezer to have at Christmas.
Christmas Lily Elf helping me decide
which vegetable out of the garden I should
 use to make a dish for Thanksgiving.

Daughter with her Mississippi Mud Pie. 
Me with my carrots & pineapple dish.

* I went to Grand's basketball game.

Fans in the stands having snacks & sharing
nachos & cheese with pulled pork on the top.
  










It's never too early to get them
tossing around a ball.

Happy Birthday to Grand Olivia.  She chose for her
party to be at Build-a-Bear with her siblings.





The lovely ladies that hosted Thanksgiving, everyone's favorite cooks. Sister gave a
short sweet educational presentation about Thanksgiving's history that included football
& there were a few turkey jokes in between. 

Why were the turkeys parading down the street?
They were marching to the beat of their own drumsticks.

Why did the turkey cross the road?
It was the chicken’s day off.


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?


4 comments:

  1. Love to cook for my fami;y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and a fun week. The pies look perfect. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pies look delicious! It sounds like your family had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete