Friday, May 17, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 20th week of 2024? It's 58 degrees here this Friday morning. We got lots more rain this week & more rain is forecasted for the weekend. The mountain laurel beside the house is starting to bloom, some call it ivy. We put strawberries in the freezer. Kevin requested another pie, so I got more pie making ingredients when we went grocery shopping. Stuff in the garden is coming up. I discovered a different squash recipe in the church cookbook I'm going to try, maybe next week, using squash in the freezer. A coworker passed away after a brief courageous battle with cancer. I've got 14 more days to go till retirement, after today. I got in my 30 minute walk every day except on Mother's Day. I celebrated Mother's Day with my Moma last week so, grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you what I did this week on Mother's Day, then I'm heading out this weekend to help prepare for Great-Grand's baby shower, walk with me...


I thanked Daughter for letting me borrow one of her kids for Mother's Day. I didn't
really plan it, it just worked out that way with everyone's activities going on. Even
though I had to work, we had a good day out on the lake between my shifts &
brought home 2 fish to cook.

I stopped by to pay respects to my Mother in Law. She was a Stay-at-home Mom
 & Housewife the years I knew her. Cooking, baking & quilting were some of her
 best attributes. She put several recipes in the church cookbook. I've made
cowboy beans on several occasions using her recipe from the cookbook.


Counting down to retirement,
2 weeks to go.


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?




2 comments:

  1. We had a good Mother's Day too. Will you have five generations once your granddaughters baby comes? That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks before retirement, that's exciting. Well done with your walks. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete