![]() |
| Weekend Coffee Share |
Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing? It's coming a nice gentle rain this morning. I've got the door & windows open. It's a very comfortable 69 degrees outside. I set my 4 house plants & the 2 amaryllis bulbs out so they could soak up some of nature's nourishment. I would like to have more house plants put I just don't have the room for them. Clothes are going in the washer & a grocery list needs to be made. I ate lots of birthday cake this week. We got okra & tomatoes from out of the garden. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & we'll talk about birthday cake & some other random things.
![]() |
| Me & Sister took Grands on a hike to a waterfall last week. It was interesting & loads of fun. |
![]() |
| About 1/2 mile to the falls. |
![]() |
| We met quite a few other hikers along the trail. |
![]() |
| There were lots of little butterflies. |
![]() |
| An interesting gnarled tree. |
![]() |
| The dollar store was putting out fall stuff. I thought this corn was cute but didn't know what I would do with it. Any ideas? |
Fall is in the air.
![]() |
| I waited for a downpour to slack up to go in the grocery store. It hailed some to. A few others were waiting in their vehicle. We all headed for the door at the same time. |
Friends Steve & Nancy from Iowa stopped by. They were traveling through from visiting the capitol in Washington DC. Kevin worked for Steve operating heavy equipment playing in the dirt building ponds & putting in drainage systems on farms & things like that when we lived in Iowa. We spent the day shopping around at a flea market, ate at Chic fil a & Taco Bell, stood on the highest point in Georgia, walked on the Appalachian Trail, took a jeep ride & explored the woods. It was very enjoyable talking & catching up.
![]() |
| Needoh, butter squishy & zombies. |
![]() |
| Different kinds of mushrooms & a couple snails to look at. |
I celebrated the last year of being in my 50's with 3 birthday cakes & ice cream. Kevin brought home a blueberry pound cake & ice cream. I got a garden owl from Daughter & Grands. I got a basket filled with all kinds of goodies from Granny & Sister. Coincidentally, I forgot both gifts at their houses. At least I didn't forget that they gave me the gifts.
![]() |
| Birthday feast made by Granny & Sister. |
![]() |
| Grands mailed out their 1st pen pal letters. |
Lake Day
![]() |
| The lake level is down this summer. It is usually over our heads out at the rope. We've been able to walk out there & it's chest deep. |
These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been? Go out & have a wonderful weekend.


















No comments:
Post a Comment