Friday, July 31, 2020

Pirate & other end of July Happenings


Greetings

My birthday came & went without a hitch.  Thanks to all the birthday wishes & reminders that I'm now a year older than I was last month.  Kevin & I made our goal of camping every weekend in July.  We saw some pretty amazing things including a hawk carrying a snake that I didn't get a picture of because I was - thunderstruck.   Next, we'll be heading to Daughter's wedding & my routine will be changing when I bring home my Rose.

Buffalo herd raised domestically, though graze on thousands
of acres as if they roamed wild.



Grandkids

One of the Grands went to the beach with his friend.  He gave captions about his adventure to go along with his pictures for me to share.  He does a little writing himself & also makes videos.
Explored the ocean.

The beach has been fun and Florida has so much to do! We’ve done so much so far into the week and we still have so much left! Because of the coronavirus we couldn’t do a lot of the things we wanted to do but we were able to do some fun things, maybe next year if I go with Friend to Florida again we can do all the things we couldn’t do this trip!
Did some site seeing.


* What different food did you try?
I tried manyyy new foods. Mahi Mahi & Salman. Shrimp, different types like blackend & grilled.

* What was your favorite thing to do?
This whole trip or during parasailing.


Did this.

We went parasailing as you can see and it’s more relaxing than the adrenaline rush I thought it would be. It was very calm and quiet and me and Friend's Dad just looked at everything we could see around us. It was very cool and we felt weightless as we were up there. We also got soaking wet from it! It was lots of fun though and I hope I get to do again soon!





Cooking

Tried some different recipes using squash.


Squash pizza
Stuffed squash


Gardening

We got several good hard heavy rains one that included wind & hail. The watering tubs filled up almost full too.  Some of the sunflowers fell over & Kevin staked them back up.  We have gotten an abundance of squash - zucchini & yellow long neck.  The squash are still coming on.

Before the wind knocked them down.
Passing down traditions - Grands picking tomatoes
from their raised bed garden.  


Cleaning

Organized some in the pantry while putting away canned goods.  Threw out old ice cream cones & taco shells that had been leftover from last year's Grand's visit.  Planned for several meals to use up items that needed to be used up, such as - what to do with a 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows?  Bake them on top of sweet tators, of course.  Scheduled with Daughter wedding menus & activities in the areas that involve me & Kevin in her upcoming nuptials.
Bride & Groom

Sitting on the hillside watching the sun go down. 
 


Health & Weight Maintenance

I've been making more of an effort to do more walking.  I need to make more of an effort to be more mindful to stop eating sooner, before I get too full.  Also not to eat snacks after supper & most of the time I don't, but sometimes I do, like making those brownies the other evening while it was raining to get them used up.

Walked way way... out the road & back.

Prairie coneflower


Frugality, Savings & Spending

We've been eating vegies out of the garden & meats out of the freezer, so didn't do much grocery shopping. I sent Daughter a little money to help with wedding foods & groceries while I'm there visiting = coffee & popcorn & smash burgers!
Lots of butterflies on the thistles.  Noticed black spots on top &
white spots on the bottom.



Social & Community Service Activities

Went to Lions Club meeting.  Supper's main course was Swedish meatballs & mashed tators.  I should not have, but I did have a small 2nd helping.  Discussion was about hosting the annual pancake breakfast coming up during the town's Labor Day weekend festivities & then a horseshoe pitching & golf tournament the weekend after Labor Day.  After the meeting the men played cards & cheated. Oppps! I meant chatted.  The women cleaned up the kitchen & chatted.

Shared squash with coworkers & friends &
their friends & family & neighbors.


Other Activities

Kevin & I watched Win a Wilderness on Netflix.  6 British couples competed to win a homestead in Alaska.  We also started watching Alone.  This series takes place in the Artic.  Kevin likes those survival type shows.  I finished reading the Little House book I was reading & started the 8th book in the series These Happy Golden Years.
Looking off below the road.

Rose


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how about you?


4 comments:

  1. Rose is adorable. I know you will be glad to have her home. Will look forward to wedding pictures. Good for you to be walking more. We have just gotten so lazy. Each Monday, I swear I am going to get back at working out...and then LIFE gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long while since I've had a dog, so I'm a little anxious, though I'm looking forward to having a little walking buddy. Perhaps Rose will keep me motivated to have to take her out for walks.

      Delete
  2. Oh Rose is looking so cute! You will have so much fun with her!
    I watched Alone and Win the Wilderness...enjoyed them both very much...your husband has good taste in shows:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking for more shows like those to watch. Any ideas?

      Delete