Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Rose & other mid May Happenings


Greetings

My little Rose was born.  She is a Boston Terrier.  Her Moma is black & white.  Her Dad is chocolate.  Looks like she got her Dad's colors.  I didn't realize Bostons come in different colors these days. Daughter was telling me chocolate, silver, lilac & some other colors.  We had a Boston for about 13 years during Daughter's growing up years.  Daughter now has a Boston for the Grands & I get to have their 1st offspring. 
Rose has arrived.



Grandkids

The Grands are going to keep Rose for a few months to enjoy her puppy stage & work on the getting her potty trained part.  I'll get Rose in August when I go for a visit.
New blue dresses.



Cooking

Kevin grilled steaks.  I was going to cook the packs of steaks in the crockpot.  We're not big steak fans, so we really didn't know what the rib steaks were.  I got the beef from a local rancher & had got a couple packs of each of their steaks to try.  I opened the packs & realized the steaks would be better grilled.  We also ate several frozen pizzas for quick fix meals. 

Leftover pizza for lunch while working outside.

Kevin getting steak grilling practice.



Gardening

The garden is all planted, now just waiting for everything to grow.  We ate our last jar of canned tators, so I hope to see tator sprouts coming out of the ground soon.
Look close, onions are coming up.



Cleaning

We worked out in the yard, building bird houses & planting flowers.  Kevin did the bird house building & I planted the flowers.
Started with this.

Ended up with this.



Health & Weight Maintenance

Continuing to try to be more mindful to watch portion sizes & to walk more even if I'm tired.  If I could drop a few pounds, I would have more energy to walk more.
Taking a break from walking to watch these geese swim
across the lake to get away from my stalking them.



Frugality, Savings & Spending

I ordered a dog crate to be sent to Daughter for Rose's bed.  Bought some pretty flowers from the Hardware Store green house.
What to get?



Social & Community Service Activities

We went to Lions Club meeting that begin with a trash pick up along the highway & ended with supper at a local restaurant.  I decorated the windows at work & our tree by the driveway for the graduation parade.  I watched the graduation parade with friends & collected candy to share with the Grands when they visit.
Graduation decoration along the parade route, 
home of one of the graduates.


I found 2 gloves.  One for each hand, though not a matching set.



Other Activities

We rode out to the lake several evenings.  I watched eposides of Medicine Women on dvd & Cybill, Grace Under Fire & Roseanne on Vudu TV.  
Read a chapter after taking a walk while Kevin fished.





These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment