Friday, July 10, 2020

Legos & other beginning of July Happenings

Greetings

It's my birthday month.  


Red, white & blue flowers on the 4th of July.


Grandkids

The Grands have been taking good care of my Rose.  I'll be getting her next month, if the Grands are able to part with her. 
6 of the 7 Grands & my Rose on the 4th of July.  
They love those bomb pops.


Cooking

Kevin cooked ribs in the crockpot to get them good & tender, then seared them on the grillWe ate on the ribs for several days.....ribs & eggs for breakfast....rib sandwiches for lunch....

The camp cook warming up leftover ribs for supper.  We had a salad 
along with pork & beans with the ribs.  We gotta have our pork & 
beans when camping.


Gardening

Kevin was tickled to see 1 inch of rain measurement in the rain gage.  He brought in the 1st vegetables of the season, zucchini squash.

Taking my daily walk ending with a stroll through the garden rows.
Tomatoes, carrots & squash growing here.

Zucchini fries for supper.


Cleaning

Washed up sheets & blankets.  Worked on taking apart Legos & putting the pieces back in their boxes, so the creations can be built again & again & again.  My goal was to take apart 1 Lego set each day.

I have acquired quite a few Lego sets though the years that help 
entertain the Grands when they are in the Lego building age 
stage.  The basketball was much easier to put away.



Health & Weight Maintenance

I've been walking most everyday, trying to watch portion sizes & stop eating when full.  I'm trying to remember to eat an apple for morning snack & eat something green with supper, though with the Grands visiting & going camping, I kinda forgot about the apple & green thing. I took an apple to eat on the drive to our camping spot but couldn't find it when I was ready to eat it.  When we got back home, there the apple was in the driveway where, I guess, I had dropped it.  I have a dentist appointment scheduled to have a chipped tooth crowned in hopes that the crown will save the tooth.
4 walks on the 4th of July while camping.  Look at me - 
wearing my fireworks shirt on the 4th of July. Festive!



Frugality, Savings & Spending

July is planned to be our "camping in a different location every weekend" month.  We use mostly reusable dinnerware & containers & reusable everything when camping.  Kevin's little camp stove had stopped working back last fall.  He was able to order a $5 part & fix the stove himself instead of having to buy a new one.  Kevin has had that camp stove about 40 years, he said.
Having my morning coffee while warming by the campfire in the early 
morning, quietly watching to see if a deer or moose or elk or big foot 
or bear (no, not a bear) walks into the grass opening down there.



Social & Community Service Activities

Had a fun group video snapchat with Daughter & a couple of her friends. We were in 3 different states, spanning more than 1,500 miles.  Kevin & I went to Lions Club meeting with supper provided.  We have a pancake breakfast coming up on Labor Day weekend along with a horse shoe pitching & golf tournament.
Daughter's wedding dress fitting.

It is spectacular to have a friend with your
same name & then they give you something.

Other Activities

I renewed my subscription to Netflix.  Grands got me stated back to watching The Office again, so I went back & started watching from episode 1.  Some other shows I continued watching from before - Gilmore Girls, New Girl, Grace & Frankie & a couple of new ones I took a peek at - Schitts Creek & Hoarders.  I read a few more chapters in my Little House book series.


Saw moose & elk during camping outing of driving around site seeing &
scouting out possible places to go fishing next time.



These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how about you?

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy enjoying life, it seems! Good for you. And getting healthier. Doubly good. Would love to be able to rent an RV for a getaway but everything 'round here is still somewhat locked up. Great idea to keep the Lego kits for the grands. I have toys here, too. But not as many as I once had. I loved Legos as a child, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have thought about getting a camper though the years but so far we have stuck with the tent. We can throw it in the vehicle or on the side by side & go.

      Delete
  2. A wedding dress fitting now that will be fun! Good to hear you went camping...I love to camp...but my husband does not...I could set up the tent in the yard but then a bear will probably visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok to camp in a tent & sleep on the ground overnight, but if we camp more nights, I have to have the air mattress. The dress fitting was fun & I got a peak at the dress & see if any adjustments need to be made. The dress actually fit perfect in all areas.

      Delete
  3. Hello Karen. It looks like you've had a lovely start to July. The ribs sound delicious, as does the zucchini. Here's hoping the rest of the month goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my husband likes to cook. He actually does all the camp cooking & cleaning up & I help. I've tired several new recipes with the squash.

      Delete