Saturday, February 18, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead

Weekend Coffee Share
Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from South Dakota.  How you doing this 7th week of 2023? There wasn't any exploring done on the prairie for us again this week. We showed our house to a young couple that is interested in buying it.  We bought a house in Georgia & we're moving our homestead there.  This was my last week in the mid-west.  I made a photo book a couple years back about "That time we lived in South Dakota".  I'm transferring through my job that gets us closer to family & new places to explore. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about a few other things that went on around my place this week, mostly involving last minute moving things, come walk with me...

Shelves & most of the walls are bare
as we prepare for the move.  Most
of the furniture will stay with the 
house since the house we are buying
is furnished.  








*  I had follow up blood work done after the yearly checkup I had a couple weeks ago that indicated I might have been a little dehydrated.  I've been drinking lots more water. The results the 2nd time around were good, no Fs for failed or flagged.

*  I did a little extra deep cleaning around in the house that included scrubbing the bathtub along with the regular vacuuming, tidying & laundry.  I wanted to clean the oven but didn't get around to it so I'm hoping Kevin will be able to get around to it before he heads south.  I gathered those important papers I'll be needing to prove who I am to get a new driver's license & such... marriage certificate, birth certificate... Kevin asked how he was going to prove who he was if I took our marriage license, well, hummmm, he has never had a name change that he would have to prove.  


Grand did some cooking making
 an authentic Jamaican food recipe
that had several ingredients
Daughter said she had never
 heard of.

                             


Happy Valentines Day!  I made the fudge, Kevin
provided the flower.

Rose noticed her football in the
trash, she snuck & got it out,
then wanted me to play.
We got more packing done than Kevin 
thought we would.  We got at it 1st thing
several mornings in a row before going 
to work.



These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?

7 comments:

  1. I love when my boys get in the kitchen and cook. My older son is making us nachos for dinner tonight.
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are moving, I hope you will still blog from Georgia! Packing up is exhausting, best done a bit at a time:) Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming move! It'll be much warmer in Georgia. I hope you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job change that will bring you closer to family and best wishes with the move. It looks like your preparations are well under way. Fingers crossed that your home will sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen - I hope the house sells quickly and easily and that the move to Georgia goes smoothly. That Valentines fudge looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new adventure. Being closer to your daughter and grands will be such a wonderful blessing for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started with this week's post so I know you already moved but how exciting!! I'm sure it's exhausting but it will be nice being closer to family.

    ReplyDelete