Friday, February 24, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from North Carolina.  How you doing this 8th week of 2023? I made it to my destination, driving 1,610 miles to get to Moma's house.  I'll be staying with her for a few weeks till I can move into the house we bought in Georgia.  The drive took about 24 hours, though I made the journey in 2 nights & 3 days, driving during the daylight hours.  I left winter weather behind & arrived to spring.  I left 3 days earlier than planned due to the predicted snowstorms moving in.  I'm glad I did. There was about 6 inches of snow on the ground the day I had planned to leave with another 6 to 8 inches expected.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you more about my travels this week, come walk with me...

I made it! 

*  I helped Kevin pack some more totes.  I invited several friends to the house so that we could say our goodbyes & tell them we were moving.  We had good visits & I wished that we would have had friends over more often just to chit chat about nothing & everything.  My boss brought in fruit & vegetable trays for employee appreciation.  I was able to lure in all my coworkers to tell them about my last days of work in the office, that I had been accepted for the job transfer that I had put in for back in October.

*  We went to Lions Club bingo that turned into a farewell party of the sorts. There was a good turnout being that it was my last night in South Dakota.  Members brought special foods to share.  I had leftovers for my road trip.  There were fresh baked sweet buns with choice of ham or egg salad.  There were lemon bars & brownies.  There were cookies, punch & coffee along with the usual popcorn & seasonings.  It was a fun-filled evening even if I didn't get a bingo, though tears were shed.
Coworkers & Friends


*  Driving went good overall.  I drove about 10 hours the 1st day.  I drove about 8 hours the 2nd day.  The last day was about 6 hours of driving.  I think I went the wrong direction 2 times.  I was able to get turned around quickly & get going again the right way.  I had 2 mapping systems just in case one conked out for some reason.  I brought along the atlas & had wrote down the road numbers to be familiar with as they came up.  I had also familiarized myself with towns & cities along the way that made travel a little more comforting knowing where I was. There was a slight chance of rain expected on the last day of driving.  Kevin had replaced my windshield wiper blades just in case.  Luckily, I only had to use the wipers to clean the windshield a few times.

Then this happened.
The 2nd morning the sky was filled
with lots of geese going north.


I listened to 4 books & had lots of
good eats from friends & home.

There was a Bark Park along the way
for Rose to walk around off leash 
for a few minutes.



  


Several interesting sites along the way.



It was springtime weather at
Moma's house when I arrived.


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?




7 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely and all went well on the long drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long drive. I'm glad you made it to your Moma's house safely. It's nice to see spring flowers upon your arrival, isn't it? Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an amazingly long drive and you did well to cover so much distance - good planning always helps, but it's still quite an achievement. Glad you made it there safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to your destination safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a long drive to find Spring! Glad you got there safe and sound, enjoy the time with your Moma:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the transfer and new position. Welcome to warmer weather of the south. Sounds like your trip was long but uneventful, thank goodness. When will the hubs be along to join you?

    ReplyDelete