Saturday, October 21, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 42nd week of 2023? I marked leaf looking off my Fall Bucket List, we went to Grand's housewarming shower. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you how many fish we caught while out & about, come walk with me... 

Kevin gave 1 of his paintings for a
"Something From Home" gift.  
My veggie topping tray
for the burgers.

*  Grand & Fiancé got lots of needed things at the housing warming shower that Me & Daughter gave for them.  It was good visiting with everyone that came. Son-in-law cooked up some of his delicious gourmet gourmorgan smash burgers. For my "Something From Home" gift, I gave a can of WD-40 that I discovered we had 2 of. I told Austin now that he was getting older, he could use that on his joints. He chuckled.
My version of candy corn harvest mix
with a hint of pumpkin spice.




"One minute you're young & wild,
the next minute you're into air fryers",
said somebody somewhere,

This pavilion in the park along the
river is a beautiful area for
get togethers & such. 



*  Moma & Sister made a home supplies cake.  It's like a diaper cake for a baby shower expect the ingredients are useful household items instead of diapers.  We've made diaper cakes for the Grand's baby showers when they were born, so we thought it to be essential that they get a home supplies cake as they move out on their own.  It's a fun decoration for the shower & a gift all stacked up into one.




*  Kevin & I went on our annual fall leaf looking drive & chicken dinner picnic. Kevin grabbed us a bucket of chicken & biscuits from Kentucky Fried Chicken. There was lots of leaf color, but the color really wasn't that close to being at the peak for the most colorful time.  We ate our chicken sitting on the creek bank. Kevin did a little fishing while Me & Rose walked along taking pictures of fall.  Kevin caught 5 rainbow trout that made 2 suppers for us. 



Kevin put all the windows back in 
the jeep, so it's safe once again for
Rose to come along on our rides.  She
enjoyed leaf looking & chicken as
much as we did & she didn't even
care that her harness was on 
backwards.
 

 
We picked a beautiful little spot along the creek to have our picnic.  Unfortunately, 
there was evidence that others had been there before us.  We like the "leave no trace"
kind of picnicking & camping areas.  I usually pick up the trash but there was so much
of it, we didn't have room in the jeep to haul it.  



My Christmas cactus is blooming & the
orchid has 2 new little leaves.




These are some of the things that's been 
going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?








2 comments:

  1. The cake is a great idea! All the things they need but didn't think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that house supplies cake! The snack mix looks good; I haven't made any sort of snack mix in ages... I'll have to buy some supplies and remedy that this week.

    ReplyDelete