Friday, September 1, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia.  How you doing this 35th week of 2023?  The Grands started back-to-school, that means it's fall.  Daughter had an end of summer pool party, I was extra eyes around the water.  I went to football games, Kevin went squirrel hunting.  We both went to a lake picnic hosted by Son-in-Law's parents.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll share my fall bucket list with you.  I've already marked a few things off the list, come walk with me...

I made this wreath using all
dollar store items.

Happy Fall!
*  My fall bucket list:

  1. Put out fall decorations  ✅

  2. Go to a fall festival 

  3. Make a snack mix using candy corn

  4. Get candy for trick-or-treaters

  5. Drink pumpkin spiced coffee & eat pumpkin spiced everything

  6. Get some pumpkins

  7. Start Christmas shopping ✅

  8. Watch fall/Halloween movies every day in October

  9. Get out coats, hats, gloves & long johns

  10. Go camping while the leaves are colored

  11. Make potato soup

  12. Drink spiced apple cider

  13. Go to a football game & have a tailgate party ✅

  14. Take pictures of fall

  15. Make a pumpkin pie

  16. Take a leaf looking drive & have KFC for a picnic

  17. Carve a jack-o-lantern

  18.  Make pumpkin chili

  19. Got vehicles ready for winter

  20. Rake leaves & make pumpkin bags


Me cooking up sloppy joes to take
to the football game.

*  I hosted 2 tailgate football parties.  I cooked the food at Daughter's house then took it to the football games to eat there.  That's my twisted version of a tailgate party.  There were sloppy joes for the high school game.  There were hotdogs for the youth games. 
The hotdogs were pretty good
with ketchup & shredded cheese.







  









*  Son-in-Law's parents brought pizza to the lake for a picnic.  The weather was picnic perfect.  I enjoyed walking along the water's edge & playing in the sand with the kids.



















*  The trail camera got pictures of the critter that's been getting into the bird feeder.







These are some of the things going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?


6 comments:

  1. Pumpkin chili? Interesting……I’ll have to find a recipe for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your story.l hope to make a pumpkin pie too um good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try making a wreath. Yours is lovely. Is it hard to create?

    Great fall bucket list, Karen. I had a pumpkin spice latte yesterday. Last year I tried a praline latte—another fall coffee—and it was delicious so that it the next one I need to enjoy. Thanks for the virtual coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are busy. I love fall, but as you know, we don't have a real fall here like in the South and other places. I did put up fall decor and soon it will be tea time, hot cider time and pumpkin everything. 💗

    ReplyDelete