Saturday, November 11, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 45th week of 2023?  All the leaves are off the trees in our yard.  Kevin has said many times this fall that he is so thankful he got a backpack leaf blower. 
There were several local fires that smoked us up. I got a visit from an unexpected guest. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you who came to visit, come walk with me...

Smoke coming into town.  One of the
biggest forest fires ever to be in the area.


I met up with Oldest Grand for lunch.
We had good conversation & delicious
wings at a place I hadn't tried before. 

* I actually had several visitors this week.  

I was washing dishes & saw movement out
the window.  See the deer?



My Christmas Lily Elf' made an
  unexpected early appearance with a
 message for us all.

Burritos, red enchilada sauce
& shredded cheese.


* I tried a new recipe.

Preheat oven & cook per burrito
cooking instructions,

I used some leftovers from
my wings lunch.




 









* I went along with Youngest Grands to Friend's groovy Lightening McQueen themed birthday party.

Happy 3rd Birthday to Colton!


While hanging out with Grands, I 
raided their Halloween bags.



These are some of the things that went on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?



9 comments:

  1. Karen, love the food pictures. We tried homemade tacos in a bag this week. It was fun and tasty. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your family and surroundings, except for the smoke. Sad for the forest and animals. We've been eating too much with all the dinners going on this time of year. The fellowship is good. It's been cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Web our pancake supper last night. We made Lefsa last Saturday and I made several loaves of bread to sell at our country store. Gary is still healing from back surgery so we are staying close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, That's so nice to see the deer. I hope the forest fires are put out and you get clean air again. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the forest fires are not too bad - must be really worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, the trees are bare!! They look like trees in the dead of winter. It is still in the 60s in the afternoons here and the wind we generally have throughout October seems to have missed us. So, all the leaves are still in place. And the grass is still green.

    Love your elf on the shelf's graphic tee shirt. I would like to get some for our grands' elves. Will see if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the fires are out by now. I packed up candy to go elsewhere after Halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fun week, Karen. I hope the fires have cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no...so sorry about the fires, hopefully they were contained quickly. We've had so much rain, we are officially out of fire season.

    ReplyDelete