Saturday, March 2, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 9th week of 2024. It's a sunny 66 degrees out this Saturday afternoon. The forsythia bushes are about to bust open with blooms. The forecast this week called for rain most of the days. Grand's baseball games were canceled. That canceled my going to the ball games & also canceled the activities I had planned to do with Grand. So, I can't get in the mood or motivated to do much else. Tho, I am in the process of making a 3rd cookie sampling for the cookie table event coming up at Grand's wedding. Also, I got the rest of the flowers I had ordered to finish up the 2nd arrangement for the wedding arch. Hopefully, we'll get those flowers done this weekend. Kevin changed the oil in my car & he's out working in the garden & around in the yard. I'll tell you more about those things next week. 1st, I'll tell you about the pack of 4 asparagus roots I bought & the whole chain reaction of to-dos it started. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about getting the asparagus planted, walk with me. 



Rose under the bed hiding from
her necessary grooming needs.
Nails clipped, bathed & a flea
treatment.✅
* To-do
  • Move rocks to make a place to plant asparagus.✅
  • Tear up the ground to make a bed to plant the asparagus in.✅
  • Go to Home Depot, get landscape timbers to make the bed to plant the asparagus in.✅
  • Make bed & plant asparagus.✅
  • Go for a jeep truck ride to get something to eat.✅
Moving rocks. These will be put to use around
the flower bed in front of the house.

Tearing up the ground.


Getting landscape timbers
at Home Depot.
 
We got this stuff too.




Back to work building the bed.
I helped to do all the things in
between drinking my drink &
sitting on the tailgate & taking
of the pictures.
 

Putting down landscape fabric
to help control the weeds.


Asparagus & rhubarb planted
on this end. There's room for more
stuff down on the other end.

Our next project will be redoing the flower
bed in front of the house.






The primrose is coming up along the creek bank. I'm 
not sure if it will bloom this year or not. The plants are
still small from where I separated the bundle Moma
shared with me last year.

Making the flower arrangements last weekend for the
wedding arch was an overall success. We only got one
made due to running short on supplies.  



These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Impressed on all the work you did . Too cold up north for our yard planning, but you reminded me to get things ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've gotten a bit accomplished. My forsythia is just now starting to get buds on them.

    ReplyDelete