Friday, March 22, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 12th week of 2024. It's 53 degrees out this early Friday morning, maybe some rain expected today & tomorrow. Sunday, we're expecting sunny skies & warm temperatures up to 70 as the final preparations for Grand's burial service are completed & carried out. It's been a tuff couple of weeks for Daughter. So many people have stepped up in so many ways to help her get through each day, one day at time. Daughter wrote up the sweetest little obituary I've ever read. I'm feeling more confident this weekend that Daughter is physically on the mend, having more of her strength back & able to get around & about a bit better, so let's grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about Great Grand's gender reveal, oh & I hurt my finger. Kevin finished up the flower bed around the old tree in the front yard & he's not so patiently waiting for the baby chicks to arrive next month, walk with me...




Sister & Me.
Do you think Great Grand #1 is a girl or a boy ❓
The majority said boy.






















The proud parents to be.

It's a.......BOY!

I didn't notice before how much
I need my little finger for tying
 my shoe & typing.
*  I thought I had surely broke my little finger. I was picking up trash along our creek bank. I lost my footing, clumsy me. What seemed to be slow motion at the time, both feet ended up in the water as I tried to steady myself. I turned back toward my right side putting my hand down to catch myself. I found myself flat on my back laying on the bank. I rolled over & realized my pinky was hurting. It felt like I had stoved it up. I couldn't bend my finger as I looked at it to see if it was alright. I noticed a bump in the knuckle that something wasn't right. Kevin told me it would be alright. I told him no, I thought it was broke. I 1st called urgent care. They didn't have an Xray tech on hand that day, so off to the Emergency Room we went. The 
diagnosis of my pinky was dislocation not broken, thank goodness, I guess. With a couple numbing shots, some powerful tugging & pulling, my finger looked like it was supposed to other than some swelling & bruising. My pinky was splinted up, I was discharged & we were sent on our way. 
Dislocated pinky, not broken.


Happy Birthday to Grand Jemma.
She lost her 2 front teeth. They'll
 probably be grown back
before Christmas.

These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
Aisley Joy, our beautiful one, always
shinning with glory.





7 comments:

  1. I hope your pinky heals well. It must have hurt a lot. Congrats to the proud parents to be. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dislocated finger can be really painful. I am so glad that people are stepping up to help your daughter through the rough patch, the loss of a baby can be so hard. Hard for you too as a Mother no one wants their children to hurt so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great grandson? Wow! Did i read that correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that your daughter is getting her strength back. Hugs again to you and your family.

    You wouldn't think that pinkie does much, but it sneaks in there when our hands are doing stuff. I hope you heal up fast. And congratulations on the great grand baby. That is exciting.

    Happy Saturday, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your great-grandson!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes I'm a week late from commenting on last weeks posts...oops. It's crazy how we don't realize how. much we use something until it's injured. Like a pinky or a certain toe. Congrats on the grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that you live in the Appalachian Mountains. So do I, so it’s nice to virtually meet you! Enjoyed your coffee share!

    ReplyDelete