Sunday, March 10, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 10th week of 2024. It's a chilly breezy 37 degrees out this early Sunday morning. It's not even daylight yet since the time change. The heat from the gas logs feels good. The grass is growing, spring flowers are blooming. Kevin has had a touch of a cold or covid or something this week, I had my yearly well exam. We both applied for our retirement that will take effect in May. Our plan for the day is to work on the flowerbed in front of the house. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you about Kevin's garden work & the next cookie sampling on my list for Grand's wedding cookie table, walk with me...



We're about to get started to finish up this
project. Rose has been enjoying the warm
days this week & wants to stay outside longer.

*  Kevin planned out what he's going to plant in the garden & where he's going to plant what. He's been separating the strawberry plants along as he comes up with containers. There's a couple of swaps & sales coming up that he wants to try to participate in.
Lots of runners from the
original plants.

 

Look at those nice hearty roots.

These strawberry plants are called Eversweet Everbearing.
Grands have already made rounds in the garden looking
for strawberries. I told them it's too early just yet.


* My 3rd cookie sample, I'm going to call it turtle cookie. It's a sweet & salty mix. The cookie stayed together & it stayed fresh for days without the crackers going soft.


It's simple & looks kinda fancy.


Tastes delicious.

I...

  • went to Grand's baseball game, the smell of the fresh mowed grass was therapeutic.
  • repaired my eyeglasses with a repair kit.
  • made a crockpot of beans, then made chili using the leftover beans & deer burger, then had hotdogs with the leftover chili. 
  • didn't order anything from Amazon this week, though I'm still waiting on shapewear to go under the dress I got to wear to Grand's wedding.
Took a tour of Moma's gardens
while taking a break from working
on the wedding arch flowers. 

These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
I would like to get some of these
lenton rose started growing around
our place.




1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! The cookies look great! Those strawberries look really healthy!

    ReplyDelete