Friday, March 29, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 13th week of 2024. It's a chilly 33 degrees out this early Friday morning but it's going to warm up though. It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend for Easter festivities & for the local Seed Swap that Kevin is going to. He's got several items he's taking to sell or trade. I've got eggs that I need to get boiled & dyed for the Easter egg hunt we're having at our place this year. My little finger is still sore & swollen from where I dislocated it last week, but it's on the mend. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll catch you up on my final sample for Grand's wedding cookie table & a few other things, walk with me...
I found this rock along the River
Walk Trail at the ballparks while
waiting for Grand's baseball
game to start. The rock was
rehid for someone else to find. I
also discovered a few azalea
blooms along the riverbank.


*  Haystacks were my 4th & final cookie sample to go on the cookie table at Grand's wedding. Littlest Grands were my cookie making assistants while birthday party decorating was going on for their sister.

Mixing up chow mein
noodles & butterscotch chips.

There was way too much topping leftover.
We took the cookies to the party &
they were eaten, so that's a thumbs up. 






*  A couple other things we did while waiting to go to the birthday party ...

Took a walk down the
hill to check the mail...


& played in the mud puddles
on the way back up.


*  Birthday party fun...

Moma & Me having a little fun
& laughter with some silliness at
the photo booth area.

There were smash burgers & hotdogs
with all the trimmings & fixings along
with these cute delicious fruit cups & dip.
A splendid idea for grab one & go to keep
the food line moving along.

No secrets being told here from Granddaughter-in-Law
of baby names they've picked out.




The Birthday Girl.












*  I go to the baseball games to smell the fresh cut grass...

  
Grand playing 3rd base & Great Nephew the
 runner, playing on opposing teams. I shouted
to each of them "knock the ball out of the park".
 I cheered for both teams. It was a good close
game, neck & neck the entire game. Both teams
got good hits, both teams made good plays,
 both teams made errors. My team won
either way. Yay! Final score 13 to 10.
Grand warming up. He's got a good
arm. I enjoy watching the younger
 ones as they improve throughout
 the season.















Grand & Girlfriend all gussied
up ready for the prom. I proudly
pinned on his boutonniere, 
Daughter did her hair.

These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
The burial service for Baby Grand was
precious & comforting knowing that she'll
 always be shinning in glory.




6 comments:

  1. I haven't had those haystack cookies in ages! Looks like you had some wonderful helpers. The party and the prom photos are so fun. I am glad the burial service was comforting, I know that must have been so hard for your family. I was only 6 or so when my younger brother died just a few days after birth and I still remember lots of images and snippets from that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, pictures and events. Easter blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a busy time! Love the rock you found and rehid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice painted rock you found and rehid. Looks like you had fun activities with your grands. I'm glad the burial service was comforting. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter on Sunday! Love the painted rock. I hope the funeral service brought some peace to your entire family. Hard to understand the why of things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy and varied week. Hopefully Easter might give you some rest.

    ReplyDelete