Friday, May 8, 2020

Asparagus & other beginning of May Happenings

Greetings

We got several nice showers of rain that was good for the garden & good for filling up the tubs under the eaves of the garage that will be used to water the garden with later on.
Wood ready for hotdog roasting.



Grandkids

I mailed the Grands their May care package & letters.  The Grands need extra snacks (& some bubble gum) while being out of school due to Covid-19, at least this Nana thinks they do.  I always include a little something for the parents too.
Helping with a building project.



Cooking

Kevin made a turkey pot pie for us to eat on for several meals while we processed the hog we got.  We put approximately 70 pounds of pork in the freezer.  I planned to make a run of dandelion jelly but ended up getting called into work, so the jelly making waits.
Turkey pot pie.



Gardening

Kevin planted the garden with the notion that if things get froze out, he can replant & if things grow, he will be ahead of the game.  I planted flower seeds in the corner of the house flower bed.
I've had a couple messes of asparagus.  Kevin don't eat it,
so this is all mine.



Cleaning

I done mostly routine stuff in the house such as change the sheets on the bed & gather up the trash.  I've been continuing to do extra cleaning & sanitizing at work, so I've not been in much of a mood to do extra cleaning projects at home.  Kevin mowed the yard for the 1st time this year & I raked up leaves & sticks.  
The lilacs putting on blooms.




Health & Weight Maintenance

I've been trying to walk extra every day & not eat extra snacks.
This is me walking along the lake bed not eating snacks.





Frugality, Savings & Spending

I'm planning & getting ready for the Grands summer visit, so I made a couple of online orders from Walmart that included a basketball, kickball & an electric gridle.  I used Cabela's club points to get freezer bags & vacuum seal bags for $0 cost.  We use the Cabela's credit card to buy stuff we would normally purchase such as gas, groceries, electric & phone bills.  The card balance is paid off at the end of every month & we reap the rewards. 
This sharp tail grouse we saw crossing the road 
don't care how much money I spend.



Social & Community Service Activities

There has been no reported cases of Covid-19 in our county.  Our community opened up with the phase one process.  Kevin & I went to the regular scheduled Lions Club meeting with supper provided. Everyone sat a little farther apart than usual, for the most part.  Scholarship recipients were announced & a highway trash pick-up was scheduled.  We're working on a fundraiser selling tickets for the Happy Day Award.  It was decided there would still be no bingo this month.
I discovered this spider web glistening to the rising 
sun while I waited for the fish to start biting.



Other Activities

Caught our limit of lake trout & put the fish in the freezer.

Bagged 32 packs of pork sausage that went into the freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment