Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday afternoon picnic, walk with me.

"THERE'S A SNAKE"  1st thing, I saw it.  It didn't have rattlers, so
Kevin said it was probably a bull snake.


Prairie Goldenpea was the most seen wildflower of the day. We called
it sweet pea.  It was bright & abundant everywhere.


Walking down the hill & around thru the rocks.


Bluebells kinda hiding in amongst the grass.


Riding trails between walks.


Frogs were crocking very loud then went silent as I
walked to the edge.


Walking thru the field & into the woods.

Lunch.  Peanut butter & Nutella sandwich.
Not very glamorous but it was tasty & filling.


I found a heart shaped rock to add to my collection.


Walking thru pine cones.  Lots & lots of pine cones.  You have to be careful 
walking on them.  They can roll & cause an ankle to turn.


These are Rusty Lupine according to my wildflower book.


Walking amongst the rocks looking at the Lupine everywhere.
Then headed back to the truck.


Prairie dog town near our parking spot. 



How was your weekend?  This was one of those beautiful spring days that I wanted to never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment