Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday morning empty nests, walk with me.

Look how fast the robins grew.  4 is a nest full.

A parent robin on guard duty acting here like it don't see me. 
 It was going from tree to tree following along with me 
very close as I was walking.  
  

This was the last time I saw the grackles in their nest.  It
didn't look like there were still 5 of them.  The nest
was loose & Kevin put it back.


Grackle on feeding duty.

Then the robins nest was empty.

The grackle nest was torn down.  I found it at the bottom of
the tree.  I also saw a cat run out from under our grill table.
I don't know if that cat had anything to do with this.


Seen young birds all over the place.  In the garden...

in the trees...

& in the grass.


The parents or at least one of parents continue feeding 
their young for about another 2 weeks after they 
leave the nest.
I stopped to smell the lilacs while that grackle up there 
keeps it's eyes on me to tell the other birds where I am.


Hope you have enjoyed bird watching along with me & learned some little something new about birds or other wildlife in your backyard. 

2 comments:

  1. I am not seeing lots of nests but I have one messy bird building near the sauna...I will wait for her young to leave before cleaning up! You have some good looking baby birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems birds are abundant this year in our community. Lots of neighbors are talking about their bird nests & birds. I'm glad I read about the young birds not being able to fly when they 1st leave the nest & that their parent is still guarding them & feeding them. I would have thought the little ones fell out of the nest or were injured.

    ReplyDelete