Monday, June 22, 2020

Trouble & other mid June Happenings

Greetings

The Grands arrived.

Milk & cookies with a very competive game of trouble
Milk, cookies & a very competitive game of Trouble, Nana's style.



Grandkids

The Grands arrived wearing their masks made by 
my Moma, their Granny.



Cooking

Hotdog roasting, 1 of my favorite summer things to do.


Gardening

Picked chocolate mint & made some tea.  Tea was ok.  We are
not hot tea drinkers.



Cleaning

I did organizing & rearranging to get the Grands cots set up & ready.  I made sure each Grand had a plug in for their electronics chargers.  

Pretty little orange flowers.  My flower book don't have
orange flowers, so I don't know what these are.



Health & Weight Maintenance

Lots of popcorn eating happened.

Hiking


Biking



Frugality, Savings & Spending

I did meal planning for meals & snacks for the Grands visit & got only what I needed verses excessive shopping at the grocery store. I had stocked up on foods as items went on sale & based meals & snacks around those sale items.  I planned for meals out & other extra activities knowing the cost involved.  There was noodles needed for splashing around in the lake.
$1 noodles are no fun unless used as swords or bonging each
other in the face.



Social & Community Service Activities

We went to Lions bingo.  Grands helped us set up & clean-up.  Kevin was the number caller.  I helped with taking money, card count & snacks.  

Here's your sign.


Other Activities

Went caving.

Anybody hungry for some bacon.

Got mood rings.  We are very moody people, 
let me tell you.



These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet bunch of activities you planned for your grands' visit. Love the caving, the biking and hiking. My daughter and her daughter and husband only get to visit about 2x a year. In the summer when it is 100+ and hot as fire or in the winter when it is too cold to do things like hiking.
    Good for you to plan meals and snacks and start buying up for their visit a little early. You have to have their favorite things when they visit. That's just what grandmothers do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the Grands visit it's like Camp Run-a-Muk. I like to do activities in all different sorts of categories including cooking, arts & crafts as well as lots of outdoor stuff.

      Delete
  2. Fun for you! Always nice to have the grands visit! :)

    ReplyDelete