Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Birdbath & other beginning of June Happenings

Greetings

This time of year we look for babies (baby wildlife that is).  We've also been doing some bird watching.
 Saw this baby antelope.  It kept laying down to hide.


Saw these foxes.  There was more pups but they skedaddled
into their den.


Grandkids

School is out for the Grands.  The older boys will be coming to see me soon. Their air travel will be one of the highlights of the trip for them.  Daughter got her wedding dress & is planning to do a fitting on facetime with some of us.
 It's officially summer!
 Rose getting started on her potting training.
She can bark & is playful.



Cooking

I made chicken cake patties & made some more BBQ chicken in the crockpot using my secret recipe.  Kevin fried fish.
Cooking these chicken cake patties on the griddle I
bought last month.

Gardening

The garden has started off to grow.  Kevin replanted seeds where nothing was coming up.  We got a little bout of hail but nothing seemed to have gotten injured.
Kevin covered the garden plants best he could for protection from a 
thunderstorm predicted.  Luckily we got no hail that time & got barely
enough rain to wet the ground.  The storm hit way farther south & did 
some damage with tennis ball size hail reported along with strong winds.


Cleaning

I was able to open the windows & let the fresh air in.  I made a check-off list of things I need to do daily.  The list is helping me be accountable to get things done to get back on my cleaning schedule routine.
Bright & clean & thirsty petunias in the rock garden.




Health & Weight Maintenance 

I set a few goals (4 of them) for myself to help me get back on track to shed a few pounds (about 40 of them) this summer & fall.  I'll take it slow & only eat foods I like.  I will be eating pie & ice cream & continue drinking my 1 cup of morning coffee with cream & sugar.  I won't be eating any beets.
  • Eat an apple most everyday or some other type fruit.  I'm not much of a fruit eater, so I picked something I like & could continue eating most everyday.  (An apple a day, keeps the Dr away.)
  • Eat something green for supper.  Eat more veggies overall.  I like green beans & could eat some everyday.  Greens are very low calorie, so I can eat as much of them as I want.  I also got some salad fixings - lettuce & spinach mix, carrots & canned diced tomatoes (till ours are ready in the garden) along with a small spoonful of ranch dressing.
  • Drink more water & not coke.  I've been noticing that coke bloats me, so I'm going to see how I do without it, not that I drank very much, but was getting back into the habit of drinking it more often.
  • Walk outside everyday, no mater what the weather.  A little rain never hurt nobody, speaking for myself, it has never hurt me.
Taking my daily nature walk out in the trees.



Frugality, Savings & Spending

Bought groceries, paid bills & made the quarterly income tax payment that was due.  We got supper from Dairy Queen after going riding.  DQ was take-out & eat in truck on the way home since the dinning room was not yet open for dine in. 
Birdbath made from scratch & put up in the garden.

The beginnings of a birdbath being made.



Social & Community Service Activities

We went to Lions club meeting with supper available.  Spaghetti casserole was the main dish.  It was delicious along with a salad, apple crisp & ice cream.  We prepared the Happy Day Award Fundraiser tickets for the drawings.  The name that is drawn receives a check in the mail & that's a Happy Day.  The drawings are weekly June thru December.
I waited 15 minutes going & coming for work.  Knowing there was 
road paving going on, I gave myself 30 minutes extra time for 
waiting on the pilot car.  It was a happy day that I arrived to 
work on time.


Other Activities

I'm almost finished reading the Little House book I've been reading.  I watched DVDs of Medicine Woman.  Dr Mike had her baby.  It was a girl named Katherine.  They call her Katie.  I also watched eposides of Cybill, Grace Under Fire & Roseanne on Vudu tv.  We explored a new area in the hills & did some more fishing.  There were down trees on almost every trail from where a storm had roared through there a day or 2 before us. 





These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how about you?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those foxes!! And those watermelon eating grandkids! Great pictures. I add your blog to my Bloglovin feed so I can follow along in your adventures. We are going to share our summer bucket lists on 06.21 and would love to have you join us.
    My Prince C. doesn't like veggies much at all. We have been starting the day with a fruit smoothie into which I blend a little bit of veggie, too. So I might put 5-7 strawberries, a banana, about 10 ice cubes, a cup of water, a tablespoon of Chia seeds, and a stalk of celery or a few leaves of baby spinach or a little cucumber. I don't eat any of those vegetables too willingly myself but in the smoothie, I barely notice them. You might try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the smoothie suggestion. Sounds like a good way to sneak in some more veggies.

      Delete
  2. Those Grandboys of yours have twinkling eyes...they could spice up your summer! The fox are so pretty! We are in road construction here too...at least some people have jobs and are working!
    WE eat lots of fruit and vegetables...and summer is just the best for them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandkids are Grand & I'm excited for their upcoming visit. Road repairs will be completed soon & veggies expected in the garden. Life is good!

      Delete