Sunday, June 14, 2020

Walk with me, to see the Lady Slippers

We got a call that the Lady Slippers were in bloom. This was
 our 3rd trip to the gulch to see these plants in bloom.  My 
anticipation grew as I started up the trail.  Come, let's
go see.

Here they are.  Look at all those little slippers.

Let's get a closer look at one of the blooms.

The ladies have spread their seeds & were 
 in other nearby areas.  Look at that.

Let's go see what else we can see.

Wild rose buds.

Choke cherries good for making jelly when they get ripe.

On the ride home, Kevin noticed these flowers 
on the bank of the road.  My wildflower book 
says these are White Penstemon, also know 
as Beardstongue.

Do you have a unique bloom you have had your eye on?


2 comments:

  1. We went to see the Lady Slippers today! We also have Yellow Lady slippers on our driveway. I enjoyed seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have some Lady Slippers in our yard. My Moma has a yellow one.

      Delete