Saturday, March 4, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead

Weekend Coffee Share

I'm the surprise in disguise
wearing my new thrift store
hat.  Also, I was surprised
with a Welcome Back
dinner party.


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from North Carolina.  How you doing this 9th week of 2023?  I had extra cups of coffee with Moma in the mornings, Sister made some delicious southern style sweet tea for the afternoons.  I worked in Moma's yard with Sister & the 3 of us had a girl's day out thrifting.  I emailed, completed online applications & made phone calls to get the utilities, insurance & such changed into Kevin & my names in preparation for move in day at our new homestead.  I was involved in several surprises & started my new job.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you what the surprises were, come walk with me...





SURPRISE!  Nana is here! (No, it's not a "We're having
another baby" announcement.)  The Grands didn't know
Nana & Pa were moving.  It was hard keeping it a secret. 

Grand, Sister, Nephew, Me
SURPRISE!  Happy 18th birthday to Great Nephew Conner. There was pizza,
bowling & arcade games.  Conner knew he was going bowling for his
birthday, but he didn't know there was going to be lots of other family,
friends & several of his teachers to help him celebrate.  His Moma
commented, "Hands down Conner’s best party!
You only turn 18 once 💙💣⭐️"


SURPRISE! Look what I found
way in the back in the refrigerator.
Cheesecake.  Moma said I
could have it.  (Hehe)








SURPRISE!  I discovered grape hyacinth 
in bloom.  I noticed them while taking
Rose on a walk around in the yard.
Moma said she had seen them earlier 
in the day.


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Such wonderful surprises. I love that photo of you and your grands. I look forward to seeing grape hyacinth in bloom in my corner of the world in about a month's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy week, betcha you don't miss the snow...and there is more coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to enjoy some lovely family time. Nothing beats time with the grandies - we're due to visit ours on Saturday and I'm already counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet the grands were quite excited to hear you were moving so close!

    ReplyDelete