Sunday, September 17, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia.  How you doing this 37th week of 2023?  Kevin made apple jelly, I made candy corn harvest mix.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you more, come walk with me...


Neighbor gave us some crab apples.
Kevin made beautiful delicious jelly
with the apples & I helped.
  
My version of candy corn harvest mix using pumpkin spice seasoning.
The house smelt so good & pumpkin spicy.

*  Nana Grandjoy Camp Run-A-Muk - 2 of the Grandgirls spent the night.  We had a blast having a campout in the camper over in the field by the creek.  The girls crafted pumpkin treat bags for the candy corn mix that we made together.  We had home Sunday school with a seasons theme.  Here is a fun fact about fall - there are more spider webs, those big beautiful gotta take a picture of kind.  Genesis 8:22  While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.


I wiped the rims then put
the lids & rings on while 
Kevin filled the jars up.
   
Playdough creations made
by me & the girls.


Their hair put up, the wind slapping them in the face,
excited & giggly to be jeep riding the back roads
on our way taking them home.



Spider that attached it's web
to Daughter's vehicle.


These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?

Kevin noticed this cloud in the sunset
while we were out jeep riding.





8 comments:

  1. The fruit for jelly was great this year! I made chokecherry, crabapple, grape & Buffalo berry jelly! We passed up on plum as we were running out of storage room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happenings and pictures. So glad you are by family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. The apple jelly and your candy corn harvest mix look yummy. Your spiderweb picture is so clear. Enjoy time with your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely week. I bet the girls enjoyed their time with you. A camp-out sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your halloween mix looks yummy! I'm one of those weird people that actually always liked candy corn..haha! We have our grandkids this week for 5 days. I know I'll be worn out by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cloud! You are makin great memories with your grands!

    ReplyDelete