Saturday, September 23, 2023

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 38th week of 2023? The roosters are starting to crow & service the hens.  I'm excited to think we might be getting some eggs soon.  I turned on the heat to knock off the chill then Kevin opened a window cause it got to hot. I went to a baby shower, Kevin went to a cowboy shoot, we both went to Grand's football game.  Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you more, come walk with me...

 
*  I love baby showers.  This shower was for Coworker that's due in November.  It's a girl. The shower was at a local restaurant.  I had a drink (diet coke) with Party Goers, got my Italian calzone to go then Kevin & me headed to the football game. 

*  Kevin went to the shooting range for the cowboy shoot.  The event was cancelled due to not enough participators. He went hog & bear hunting a couple times but didn't see anything.

*  Nana Grandjoy Camp Run-A-Muk - Grand spent the night to go jeep riding & fishing with us.  Turned out the fishing place wasn't so great after all but there was an awesome swimming hole. Kevin cooked us up lunch on his little camp stove.  The food was delicious even though it was just canned beef stew & ravioli.  Everything always tastes better on a picnic.  It was a damp day, especially for Grand going for a swim, the warm food hit the spot.




These are some things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been? 

What would you do to get free doughnuts?
This week 8 years ago......
Daughter, Grand & me dressed like pirates
on Pirate Day at Krispy Cream.  We each
got a dozen free doughnuts.  "Arrr Matey!"

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. Fall is pretty there. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a busy week this last week. It was Homecoming week and my brother Dave & his wife came from Wisconsin to visit. They stayed with us & we had some good visits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun week and that's a great picture of the three of you dressed like pirates. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy gal! Always good to hear what your week was like. I got a flu shot, sat in a dental clinic with my Mom and it is raining today! Yeah for rain!

    ReplyDelete