Friday, June 7, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains


Weekend Coffee Share


 

Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 23rd week of 2024? It's 67 degrees here this Friday morning. I'm officially retired. I was blessed to have been able to work with such a great crew this last year. I don't know how I ever found time to have a career with all the stuff that I've done this week. As I mentioned last week, I've got a whole summer's worth of sticks to pick up after that storm that blew through. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage & I'll tell you a little about my last weeks of work & my 1st week of retirement, before heading out on a road trip to have adventures with Daughter, come walk with me...





I actually did still set the alarm clock.
Kevin is still working, so I got up as
usual to pack his lunch & get our day
 started. 1st thing Monday morning
scheduled on my weekly planner 
was a mammogram. 





I was surprised with a Retirement Party at work.
 I sure am going to miss that gang. 

   
Biscuits & hash rounds from
 Chick fil i were served along
 with the cake & drinks.
I was presented with a retirement service
award certificate along with a 30-year
 service pin & certificate of appreciation.







* I was surprised with a Promotion Party at a lake picnic. I had said no retirement party, so a banner had been made that 
read "Promoted to Full Time Nana".  Also, it was a celebration of the last day of school for the school year. All the kids got promoted to their next grade level.




I am still so touched by everyone's
kind words & 
gifts.



These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
Happy Birthday to my Michigan
loving fan.




7 comments:

  1. Happy Retirement! Full time Nana! Well done, looks like you were celebrated! Now have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your retirement! I am thinking of doing the same at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Retirement. I hope to join in a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement! Still miss your positivity at work here! Continue enjoying life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful congratulations!!! I have almost exactly 20 years left before retirement, but I am thinking about giving myself a four day work week starting this fall. We'll see. Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your retirement! I love that promotion party; it sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete