Friday, July 19, 2024

Happenings on the Homestead in the Appalachian Mountains

Weekend Coffee Share


Hello there Adventurous Friends & Family, greetings from Georgia. How you doing this 29th week of 2024? The black-eyed Susans are looking pretty this week. It's another very pleasant 68 degrees here this Friday morning. The weather forecast is rain, rain & more rain. We continue our outdoor planned activities & pause if it were to come up a shower of rain. We fished 2 different lakes this week in search for new fishing spots & discovered a new favorite. It's a little farther from the house but it's doable for an enjoyable outing & picnic. I assisted with Art Summer Day Camp, Kevin split more locust to make a fence around the pond. I didn't get around to making the blackberry jelly like I had intended so I'll see how next week goes for jelly making. I was thinking about taking the supplies up to Moma's & doing that activity with her, though I've not talked to her about it yet. Grab a coffee or your favorite beverage, I got a gnat in my coffee, watch out for them & let me tell you about an announcement I'm excited about...





*  Art day was so much fun & enjoyment. The young ones had lots of energy along with their creative imaginations. They produced some really beautiful & unique artwork. There was sand art, painting, nature, beadwork, watermelon, happy meals, popsicles, playtime, socializing...



* Daughter made a blessed unexpected announcement. She's pregnant! With twins! Stay tuned for the announcement of their gender. What would be your guess?





These are some of the things that's been going on in my neck of the woods, how has your week been?
Picnic in the flower garden &
 then wading in the creek.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your family additions!! So exciting! I love the painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Ruth Ann

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ruth Ann, I've heard that twins are hereditary. My 1st cousin had twins in my generation. The kids had a blast doing all the different art day projects.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Twins!! Twice the fun! I will guess a boy and a girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twice the everything.... Good guess, Connie. Stay tuned to see if you guessed right.

      Delete