Sunday, January 10, 2021

Outing

I took a few days to reset, recharge & rethink after the Interview last week.   Kevin & I took a ride to the Big City.  I was planning to get a new tv (a smart one) for the living room.  I ended up getting a smart dvd player to use with the tv we already have.  I saved approximately $550 by getting a $50 dvd player instead of a $600 tv.  I watched several many episodes of Private Practice on Netflix over the weekend.


Spent $1.45 for 12 items at Menards (home improvement
store).  One thing we needed was a door handle for the storm
door.  There was a 15% off bag sale & we had a redemption
 coupon.  Masks were required.  I need a hair cut.


Which snack should I get?
Pretzel Bites!



There were hats, gloves, ear warmers & coats
on some of the President statues along Main Street.
  Items for the taking for those that needed them.




Me & Martin Van Buren, our 8th President.




Lots of love at Wal Mart.



4 comments:

  1. How dear that people leave hats and mittens for those who need them. I love that. I used to buy the $1 mittens and keep them at school for the babies who needed them.

    What great shopping you did to get 12 items for less than $2. I need to take you with me when I go grocery shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard on the radio about the items being left, but didn't think much of it till I seen it with my own eyes. I'm thinking they had been put there that morning or else they would have blown down if left for too long. It was a good day of shopping having the rebate coupon. Good idea for having the mittens at school. The Grands were always misplacing one.

      Delete