Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Christmas dinner


The Grands helping my 
Moma work in the yard.
I love to see them 
enjoying the outdoors.
They were pretending 
to be Pa (Kevin).
Kevin & I got in late last night, a little after 9.  That's late for us.  We had our Lions club Christmas dinner.  The club usually has the dinner the 1st meeting of December.  There was a lot of active cases of Covid back at the beginning of December.  Several members & their families had Covid.  Fortunately their symptoms were on the milder side, perhaps like having the flu.  Jody mentioned they had Influenza A back last January & said it was way worse than their Covid symptoms.  Jody is the cook, so we had to wait on having the dinner till she got to feeling better & out of quarantine.

There was turkey, ham & all the fixings; wine, sparkling cider & eggnog, pumpkin pie & cool whip.  Jody has a gift of cooking, in my opinion.  She knows her spices & the perfect amounts to use to make the food so darn good tasting.  The turkey was so savory & tender that it melted in my mouth as I chewed.  Simply delicious!

It was so good talking & catching up with everyone.  It's a small group of 10 people.  1 didn't come.  We can invite quests to the dinner, whoever we want, friends, family & potentials that might be interested in joining the club.  No guests came, mostly due to Covid or was asked last minute because we didn't know if the dinner would have to be postponed again.

Tuesday is my clean in the kitchen day.  I put taco soup in the crockpot for supper & leftovers for several days.  I wiped out the inside of the microwave & fridge.  We try not to waste any food.  There was left over sesame seeds that came with a salad kit.  Those little hard seeds make me teeth hurt, so I sprinkled the seeds out in the yard for the birds.  There was some liquid eggs that we weren't going to eat.  I cooked that up to mix with Rose's dog food for several days.

Friend's & Daughter's
precious baby bumps.
 I didn't have tomato sauce, so I used
tomato soup instead.  We topped our soup 
with oyster crackers.  It was good. 


Participated in a Lions club activity of hosting a
community blood drive.  I gave a donation, worked
the sign in table & cleaned up afterwards.  Masks
were required & temperatures were checked.  
Donors were encouraged to give plasma for
Covid patients.



No comments:

Post a Comment